- 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
- 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
- 4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
- 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
- 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.